SEVERE WEATHER THREAT AREA CHECK IN POLICY!!!!!

If you don't read these, it's your own fault. They will be enforced by the staff. You will also find Management Announcements & S2K Gatherings here

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Rainband

SEVERE WEATHER THREAT AREA CHECK IN POLICY!!!!!

#1 Postby Rainband » Mon May 05, 2003 8:16 pm

In light of the current severe weather events and the unknow whereabouts of some of our members..The Administrators and Moderators have considered inacting a severe weather threat area check in policy...We would like suggestions on the specifics and details on how to go about this. We had a few idea's about emailing your telephone number to an Administrator and having it stored where they can access it in the event that a severe weather event affects you and you don't check...We just want to make sure our FAMILY here at STORM2K is safe.. Remember these telephone Numbers will be kept in Administrative confidentiality.. If you decide to provide your number..also provide the name to be asked for in the event a call is made... IE I am Rainband..aka Johnathan..This is to avoid embarassment!! LOL If you have any ideas, suggestions or comments please post them here..Remember this is optional and your not required to provide this information..JUST an idea...Pray for our unaccounted FAMILY and all involved.. TICKA will post the email addy here
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#2 Postby vbhoutex » Mon May 05, 2003 11:29 pm

I think this is a great idea!!!! We now know that Garrett is ok-he just posted!! But maybe we could have found out earlier that he was ok. JMHO
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

weatherlover427

#3 Postby weatherlover427 » Mon May 05, 2003 11:47 pm

This doesn't apply to southern California, correct?
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#4 Postby vbhoutex » Tue May 06, 2003 1:39 am

Joshua, I would imagine it applies to everyone!!

Either we should all have the admins or mods phones to check in or you guys should have our phone no's. if people want to give them. Either way works for me. Like you said, it obviously would be voluntary.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

weatherwunder
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby weatherwunder » Tue May 06, 2003 7:51 pm

This is an awesome idea. Some of these storms have passed over us in Lincoln. I wish well to everyone who has been affected by these storms.
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby mf_dolphin » Tue May 06, 2003 7:59 pm

Joshua21Young wrote:This doesn't apply to southern California, correct?

Sure it does! :-) A disaster is a disaster! We wouldn't leave you out! ;-)
0 likes   

weatherlover427

#7 Postby weatherlover427 » Wed May 07, 2003 2:48 am

OK, I sent mine in. ;) Please be sure to read the included notes. :)
0 likes   

Return to “Storm2K Rules & Announcements”