Creating threads

If you have a question, don't care what it is ~ If you need a hand, We can assure you this ~ We can help

Moderator: S2k Moderators

HURAKAN
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

Creating threads

#1 Postby HURAKAN » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:16 pm

Why in the Talkin' Tropics a new thread is being created every time a storm changes category?

Sandy
0 likes   

Chacor
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby Chacor » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:04 am

Apparently that's because since we now have subforums it's not so cluttered to do so :roll:

They're saying they want people to be able to get the most recent info immediately. But this method is troublesome if you get a storm like Ophelia (05) or Kristy (06) that changes intensity very often.
0 likes   

HURAKAN
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#3 Postby HURAKAN » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:16 am

Chacor wrote:Apparently that's because since we now have subforums it's not so cluttered to do so :roll:

They're saying they want people to be able to get the most recent info immediately. But this method is troublesome if you get a storm like Ophelia (05) or Kristy (06) that changes intensity very often.
I liked the old system that when Invest 90 changed to Depression, the thread name would change from Invest 90 to Depression, and then to storm, and then to hurricane/typhoon. Now there is not a continuation of the storm, it's like its being severed. I understand that for the server a long thread is bad, but still you can get to a point in which to decided to start a new thread, but not every time the storm changes category. I would like to hear a response from the moderators.
0 likes   

P.K.
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

Re: Creating threads

#4 Postby P.K. » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:00 pm

If we really have to have multiple threads for these basins can someone/a mod at least post the link to the new one at the end of each of them? Otherwise if you are looking back at a later date you'll end up having a load of small threads to look through to find the order for the same system.
0 likes   

Cyclenall
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Creating threads

#5 Postby Cyclenall » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:10 am

I agree with pretty much everyone's opinions in this thread. I like the other way much more then the current way.
0 likes   

Return to “Got a question? I'm listening”