Has There Been A Season, Where All The Basins Were Above Ave

If you have a question, don't care what it is ~ If you need a hand, We can assure you this ~ We can help

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Ptarmigan
Category 5
Category 5

Has There Been A Season, Where All The Basins Were Above Ave

#1 Postby Ptarmigan » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:39 pm

I know when the Atlantic is very active, East Pacific tends to be less active and vice versa with East Pacific being very active. I wonder if there was a season, in which all the Basins, ATL, EPAC, CPAC, WPAC, NIND, SIND, and SPAC were all above average. I know there was 1977 in which all the basins were below average.
0 likes   

Aslkahuna
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

Re: Has There Been A Season, Where All The Basins Were Above Ave

#2 Postby Aslkahuna » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:04 am

1995 was close but no enchilada since the Southern Hemisphere was below average and for some reason, I've been unable to to get the 95 EPAC data from Unisys so I'll have to look elsewhere for EPAC.

Steve
0 likes   

HURAKAN
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#3 Postby HURAKAN » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:25 am

Only 10 named storms, way below average.
0 likes   

Aslkahuna
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

Re: Has There Been A Season, Where All The Basins Were Above Ave

#4 Postby Aslkahuna » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:56 pm

My bad, should have remembered Ismael and Juliette '95. The former sheared overland and the mid level core went into NM and dumped on them while the LLCC remnants went into Cochise County and gave us moderate rain from low topped showers. Winds gusted briefly to 40 mph on Post before Ismael sheared apart. Juliette sheared apart offshore but sent moisture into AZ. The low level remnants were picked up in late September by the first big trough of Fall and kicked off a severe weather event of Oklahoma stature in AZ (gusts over 80 mph, confirmed baseball and unconfirmed softball hail and tornado reports).

Steve
0 likes   

Return to “Got a question? I'm listening”