Is weather known as...

If you have a question, don't care what it is ~ If you need a hand, We can assure you this ~ We can help

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Cyclenall
Category 5
Category 5

Is weather known as...

#1 Postby Cyclenall » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:39 pm

Is it true that weather is universally known (or recognized) as the world's dullest subject? I read this from a few places before and I totally disagree. Anyone who thinks this should try riding out a major hurricane or perhaps a F4 tornado and see what their opinion is after that experience! :grrr: It depends on what the current weather conditions are affect you, not the whole subject as dull!
0 likes   

Wthrman13
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

Re: Is weather known as...

#2 Postby Wthrman13 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:22 pm

I've personally never heard of weather as being referred to as dull, let alone the dullest subject. I have heard almost everybody from every walk of life talk about it at one point or another, often recounting extreme weather events that they had been through. The weather can be dull at times, I suppose, but if you are like me and are a total weather geek, you can find something interesting about almost any weather situation.
0 likes   

Cyclenall
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby Cyclenall » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:23 pm

Wthrman13 wrote:I've personally never heard of weather as being referred to as dull, let alone the dullest subject. I have heard almost everybody from every walk of life talk about it at one point or another, often recounting extreme weather events that they had been through. The weather can be dull at times, I suppose, but if you are like me and are a total weather geek, you can find something interesting about almost any weather situation.

That is true, but right now the weather is pretty dull in Ontario and some parts of the US. That should change soon though and it should get very hot and humid again :D . I have also heard a statement from just about everyone I know about the weather at some point so I think it is one of the few subjects that everyone is connected to some way or another.

I was wondering if anyone was ever going to respond to this topic!
0 likes   

coriolis
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#4 Postby coriolis » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:41 pm

I'd think that more people would consider history to be dull. Of course I'm a history enthusiast too, so what's that say about me?
0 likes   

RL3AO
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#5 Postby RL3AO » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:41 pm

You have to remember that the US have every type of weather on Earth unlike some places thanks to the Rockies, Canada and the GOM.
0 likes   

Return to “Got a question? I'm listening”