Iran Nuclear Standoff

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

MiamiensisWx

#101 Postby MiamiensisWx » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:08 pm

cycloneye wrote:I also question about why they have to get this information public? It is much better to do the attack in secret to have the element of surprise.

It is also another reason why I personally believe the various stage elements and planned outcome of the strategy may not be as successful nor as concise as originally intended; also, when you factor in Iran's policies and potentially responses, then the chances increase for potential backfires.

If this plan is carried out (and it is no longer highly secret), some very strong and solid diplomatic backing (and not by the U.N.) in order to settle some of the issues with Iran and regional issues is needed after the attacks may take place.

Unfortunately, in the end I don't expect this to solve very much. I fear some serious strategic and political errors may be being made, putting the risk of tensions (and later regional strategic backfire in the Iraq and Iranian vicinities) on the increase. Historical and recent experience also supports this. Just my personal analysis here.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#102 Postby cycloneye » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:35 pm

fact789 wrote:how soon could this bombing occur?

I dont think that Israel will let Iran and the world know the exact date of any attack if it occurs so in other words,it's impossible to know that.However,this news from Israel signals that they may be close to D-Day.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

HarlequinBoy
Category 5
Category 5

#103 Postby HarlequinBoy » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:57 pm

Hmm, I really wish all of this could be settled without military force.

I don't understand why Israel thinks it needs to take immediate military action.. of course, I don't know all the details regarding everything.

Iran says it's just using it for peacful power generation.. have the weapons inspectors found anything that contradicts that?

I suppose none of us truly know if Iran is developing weapons to use against Israel or other countries, but other countries have nuclear weapons for defense and Iran being a county of prominence also may want them. But I haven't heard anything that says they are actually developing nuclear warheads. Are they?
0 likes   

Lindaloo
Category 5
Category 5

#104 Postby Lindaloo » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:48 pm

We do not truly know? It came out of the dictators mouth himself.

The French and Saudi Arabia are on board trying to get Iran to stop with their uranium facility.

Iran has vowed to wipe out Israel. Shiites have been taught to hate Israel and the only way to live in peace is for Israel to be completely wiped out. Now with Saddam gone, there is no security issues for Iran. IMO they should hit more than just the nuclear facility. They should bomb all those 10 million dollar homes being built within the intelligence as a result of suicide bombers. Therefore, let's get the ball rolling and Israel needs to get it right once and for all.

And all these biased newspapers calling Irans WMD's a program, what a joke. They need to call it what it is. :roll:
Last edited by Lindaloo on Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 likes   

JTD
Category 5
Category 5

#105 Postby JTD » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:50 pm

Lindaloo wrote:We do not truly know? It came out of the dictators mouth himself.

The French and Saudi Arabia are on board trying to get Iran to stop with their uranium facility.

Iran has vowed to wipe out Israel. Shiites have been taught to hate Israel and the only way to live in peace is for Israel to be completely wiped out. Now with Saddam gone, there is no security issues for Iran. IMO they should hit more than just the nuclear facility. They should bomb all those 10 million dollar homes being built within the intelligence as a result of suicide bombers. Therefore, let's get the ball rolling and Israel needs to get it right once and for all.

Shouldn't we stabilize Iraq first before starting another war?
0 likes   

Lindaloo
Category 5
Category 5

#106 Postby Lindaloo » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:52 pm

I never said the US, I meant Israel.

Iraq needs to stabilize themselves.
0 likes   

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#107 Postby Brent » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:04 pm

Lindaloo wrote:Iraq needs to stabilize themselves.

Agreed. I'm getting sick of waiting for them to do it though.
0 likes   
#neversummer

Aquawind
Category 5
Category 5

#108 Postby Aquawind » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:09 pm

Brent wrote:
Lindaloo wrote:Iraq needs to stabilize themselves.

Agreed. I'm getting sick of waiting for them to do it though.

Ditto..

Obviously it's not easy.. Soooo much hatred..
0 likes   

feederband
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#109 Postby feederband » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:22 pm

I don't think the word stabilized can be used anywhere in the middle east.....Ever....
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#110 Postby cycloneye » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:16 am

Israel Denies it will Attack Iran with Tactical Nuclear Weapons

:uarrow: :uarrow: :uarrow: :uarrow: :uarrow: :uarrow: :uarrow: :uarrow: :uarrow: :uarrow: :uarrow: :uarrow: :uarrow: :uarrow: :uarrow: :uarrow: :uarrow: :uarrow: :uarrow: :uarrow: :uarrow:

This goes both ways.One,it may be a denie tactic to show Iran that nothing will happen,or it may be a denie tactic to show Iran that nothing will happen,but an attack by surprise may occur.So let's see what will occur in the next days and weeks.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Aquawind
Category 5
Category 5

#111 Postby Aquawind » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:59 am

More rhetoric imo.. We are a ways from exhausting diplomatic options and going to what would amount to war. Not all Iranians are behind their government and dissent within Iran could grow. Could it be enough for them to stop..highly unlikely. Like we all know Global Warming is happening Iran is going to continue to develop nuclear energy and nothing will stop them..

In the imeadiate future I am more concerned with these Govt's that spread the technology to the highest bidder.. aka North Korea and Iran.. Ya never know though they both have done radical things themselves and there does come a point where a descision has to be made by the neighboring countries to protect their people and not wait until it's to late.. I tend to think were far from war and this is just propaganda talk..
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#112 Postby cycloneye » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:35 am

Israel Will Regret if it attacks Iran

:uarrow: :uarrow: :uarrow: :uarrow:

Agree Paul about all of this being blah,blah,blah.As long all is talk,talk talk and no arms or bombs are delivered we are fine.
0 likes   

kevin

#113 Postby kevin » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:30 pm

If the Israelis wish to act against Iran, let them do what they view as necessary. We do not need to get involved in their attack. In fact we will have enough to do when they do this, because civil war (in significantly more open form) will break out in Iraq. I wish I was three years further along so I could actually be involved in this mess instead of just reading textbooks and articles.
0 likes   

Derek Ortt

#114 Postby Derek Ortt » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:45 pm

and this will solve a whole bunch of nothing by hitting Iran

NK will then just start giving nukes to Chavez

NK is the country than must be totally wiped off of the map... so much so that its existence would only be a rumor. NK is the puppet master of this whole mess, and its time to end this puppet show once and for all
0 likes   

HarlequinBoy
Category 5
Category 5

#115 Postby HarlequinBoy » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:07 pm

Lindaloo wrote:We do not truly know? It came out of the dictators mouth himself.

Thank you for answering my question.

Derek_Ortt wrote:NK is the country than must be totally wiped off of the map... so much so that its existence would only be a rumor. NK is the puppet master of this whole mess, and its time to end this puppet show once and for all

You think that destroying an entire country is the right thing to do?
0 likes   

Lindaloo
Category 5
Category 5

#116 Postby Lindaloo » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:17 pm

I do not blame the people of NKorea because they are oppressed by the dictator. I would however, support his removal and he be held accountable for his actions upon his people by the people. Would love to see the same outcome for the NK dictator that happened to Saddam.
0 likes   

Ptarmigan
Category 5
Category 5

#117 Postby Ptarmigan » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:21 pm

Lindaloo wrote:I do not blame the people of NKorea because they are oppressed by the dictator. I would however, support his removal and he be held accountable for his actions upon his people by the people. Would love to see the same outcome for the NK dictator that happened to Saddam.

I am Korean and I really despise Kim Jong-Il. I feel bad for the people who have to live in bondage and oppression of the worst kind. I do hope North Korean government is out. Korean peninsula is still at war. Same goes with the Iranian mullahs. I have many friends who are Iranian and they are really good people. We've have a large Iranian community. Iran used to be a lot different before 1979. Women did not wear headscarves back then.
:grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr:
0 likes   

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#118 Postby Brent » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:15 pm

Derek Ortt wrote:and this will solve a whole bunch of nothing by hitting Iran

Just like the war with Hezbollah accomplished nothing over the summer... :roll:
0 likes   
#neversummer

Derek Ortt

#119 Postby Derek Ortt » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:59 pm

You think that destroying an entire country is the right thing to do?

Yes, I think that is precisely the right thing to do.

Would you rather have them give nukes to Iran and have Iran attack us through terrorism? Or would you rather we dealt with it once and for all
0 likes   

Lindaloo
Category 5
Category 5

#120 Postby Lindaloo » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:12 pm

Derek Ortt wrote:You think that destroying an entire country is the right thing to do?

Yes, I think that is precisely the right thing to do.

Would you rather have them give nukes to Iran and have Iran attack us through terrorism? Or would you rather we dealt with it once and for all

Do you believe that all the people of Iran want to be wiped off the face of the earth?
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”