North Korea Nuclear Standoff

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Matt-hurricanewatcher
Category 5
Category 5

#121 Postby Matt-hurricanewatcher » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:21 pm

I wish these countrys like North Korea and Iran would just stop it. I don't need my blood pressure shoting through the roof. But if they do fire a long range missle with a nuke...Yes Regit they said yesterday they would use nukes on America. I pray to god that these people think hard before they try that. I wish these nut case leaders would use more of there energy to bring there peoples standards up. Like planeting food which they could do easly. Would should not have to give them aid they can plant and grow food for there selfs.

But things are heating up to a point that I think its only going to get worst. In I pray that we are ready to protect our selfs with everything we got if we need to.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#122 Postby cycloneye » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:22 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/

Here is the very latest about this news.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

brunota2003
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#123 Postby brunota2003 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:24 pm

If the U.S. were to see this as a major threat to peace and sercurity of the U.S. and other nearby countries, then N. Korea would be glowing in the dark already...however since it was only a test, one that lead to them showing us that their long range missle failed, we are going the peaceful route for the moment, no wars being declared, maybe sactions pending U.N. meeting tonight though...
0 likes   

Rainband

#124 Postby Rainband » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:29 pm

brunota2003 wrote:If the U.S. were to see this as a major threat to peace and sercurity of the U.S. and other nearby countries, then N. Korea would be glowing in the dark already...however since it was only a test, one that lead to them showing us that their long range missle failed, we are going the peaceful route for the moment, no wars being declared, maybe sactions pending U.N. meeting tonight though...
decisions take time, this isn't going to be world war 3 but they have obviously showed us that we need to pay attention.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#125 Postby cycloneye » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:35 pm

Breaking News=CNN confirms that a fourth short range missile has been fired in the last 15 minutes as I type this.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars

Janice
Category 5
Category 5

#126 Postby Janice » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:35 pm

Yes, I just saw that. This is not good.....
0 likes   

Matt-hurricanewatcher
Category 5
Category 5

#127 Postby Matt-hurricanewatcher » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:37 pm

Nope not at all...
0 likes   

kevin

#128 Postby kevin » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:41 pm

Matt-hurricanewatcher wrote:I wish these countrys like North Korea and Iran would just stop it. I don't need my blood pressure shoting through the roof. But if they do fire a long range missle with a nuke...Yes Regit they said yesterday they would use nukes on America. I pray to god that these people think hard before they try that. I wish these nut case leaders would use more of there energy to bring there peoples standards up. Like planeting food which they could do easly. Would should not have to give them aid they can plant and grow food for there selfs.

But things are heating up to a point that I think its only going to get worst. In I pray that we are ready to protect our selfs with everything we got if we need to.

Matt you shouldn't be paying close attention to current events. I say this sincerely out of concern for you. You are sitting at a computer screen and cannot change the course of things. These situations are beyond your control. Its not healthy to get worked up over things beyond your control, it just leads to frustration.

The world has been more in danger before, in fact not too long ago when the Indian parliament was attacked by Kashmiri terrorists. India and Pakistan mobilized with their forces on the border, sometimes firing at one another, both of these possessing sizeable nuclear weapons more powerful than the ones held by North Korea (if they have a functioning bomb, the Indians and Pakistanis have tested theirs... and recently I might add, as in a few years ago).

What I am saying is that this isn't the worst thing since Krushchev and Kennedy stared each other in the eyes. It will pass.
0 likes   

Janice
Category 5
Category 5

#129 Postby Janice » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:43 pm

How many do you think they have? Why are they shooting them all off today? They made their point, they can stop now.
0 likes   

kevin

#130 Postby kevin » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:46 pm

They probably have hundreds if not thousands of short range missiles and a far fewer number of long range ones. It'd probably be a good thing if they shot off a dozen long range missiles and they all exploded in flight or landed in the sea. Less of them that they have. North Korea barely keeps itself from imploding, their arms development is a stupid strategic mistake. Should China stop aiding them they will collapse militarily. Having two nuclear bombs and some defunct long range missiles doesn't make anyone a power.
0 likes   

Janice
Category 5
Category 5

#131 Postby Janice » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:55 pm

Now CNN is saying 6 missles were shot.....
0 likes   

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#132 Postby Brent » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:07 pm

Janice wrote:Now CNN is saying 6 missles were shot.....

Including a 2nd long-range one. Hope it failed as miserably as the first.
0 likes   
#neversummer

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#133 Postby cycloneye » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:21 pm

The white house press secretary confirmed the 5 not 6 missiles were fired by North Korea and only 1 long range missile was fired not 2 as was reported earlier.
0 likes   

nystate
Category 5
Category 5

#134 Postby nystate » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:33 pm

Look at that, people! The world still exists!! I don't see any mushroom clouds off in the horizon, and no cities are lying in atomic waste at this instance.

Don't make too much out of issues that aren't that big of a deal! Suppose England nuked us after we tested our MOAB a year or two ago...you have to think logically. This was a test, only a test. It posed no threat, and to top it off the whole thing failed. We should be more elated than anything else right now...
0 likes   

kenl01
Category 1
Category 1

#135 Postby kenl01 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:34 pm

As stupid as we are now in the USA, we'll let anything happen until its too late these days all in the face of weaknesses because we have spineless leaders and whimps that run this country on both sides. They are all oxy morons as far as I'm concerned. We have the power but not the might anymore. Other terror countries, like in the mid East and North Korea, have the might but not the power. Soon they will have the power AND the might. We need to stop being a bunch of peace-loving xxxx and stop sucking xxxx to the rest of the world. Because that's all we are now.

Hopefully one day we'll wake up with a vengeance and these terrorists will all-of-a-sudden find themselves with 55,000 degree weather in their backyards.

That's what has to happen, if anybody gets my drift.

Over and out !
0 likes   

Derek Ortt

#136 Postby Derek Ortt » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:37 pm

agree 100% Ken

we seem to be acting just as we did prior to 9/11
0 likes   

brunota2003
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#137 Postby brunota2003 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:39 pm

but if we nuke the terrorists, because there are so many then there will be no world left...so that kinda defeats the purpose doesnt it? yes...lets all be free when there is no one left to be free...
0 likes   

kevin

#138 Postby kevin » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:40 pm

The North Koreans aren't terrorists.

We control two countries. We have forces in dozens. We have killed hundreds of terrorists. Thousands of insurgents. We have frozen billions of dollars in enemy assets. We have seriously kicked butt.

Not everything needs to be solved via thermonuclear warfare. Thermonuclear war isn't manly, it is retarded.
0 likes   

Janice
Category 5
Category 5

#139 Postby Janice » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:43 pm

We have to be very careful with what we do to North Korea. If we nuke them, China could get some of the fallout and that would be very bad.
0 likes   

Yarrah
Category 2
Category 2

#140 Postby Yarrah » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:43 pm

It won't make the world a beter place to live in. Not at all.
And what vengeance are you talking about? Vengeance will only make things worse.
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”