Iran Nuclear Standoff

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Nimbus
Category 5
Category 5

#21 Postby Nimbus » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:29 pm

Maybe this is a routine Navy exersize?

"The Eisenhower carrier group (aircraft carrier USS Eisenhower and its accompanying strike force of cruiser, destroyer and attack submarine) has slipped into the Persian Gulf amid reports of a mission for a possible strike on Iran. This alone explains Tehran's decision to place the blame for North Korea's nuclear test on the United States' "bullying". But given Iran's formal commitments against nuclear proliferation, one would have expected a more nuanced approach that would have reinforce those policy commitments."

From the "Asia Times" full article linked below.

http://tinyurl.com/y842yg

Sounds like 1973 all over again.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#22 Postby cycloneye » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:13 pm

Iran will respond to sanctions

What kind of response Iran may take? I can see them blocking the Straits of Hormuz.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

kevin

#23 Postby kevin » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:16 pm

If they block the Straits of Hormuz, that will mean war. All but immediately. Hence, they won't block the Straits of Hormuz.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#24 Postby cycloneye » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:12 pm

Israel May Attack Iran

If Israel carries an attack against Iran nuclear plants alone,it will cause a big protest from the Muslim world that may have bad consequenses.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars

HURAKAN
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#25 Postby HURAKAN » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:25 pm

Doesn't Israel realize what has been happening in Iraq? Whne you attack a Muslim country, you are not attacking a country, you are attacking all the Muslims.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#26 Postby cycloneye » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:34 pm

:uarrow: Agree on that HURAKAN.

But I question why Israel talks about a possible attack in public as it will for sure prepare the Iranians.Why they dont keep their mouth shut and if they do it in secret it will be a big surprise for the Iranians.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#27 Postby cycloneye » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:09 pm

Iran wont back down on Nuke Program

The response from Iran. :uarrow:
0 likes   

kevin

#28 Postby kevin » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:35 pm

I'll believe that Israel can carry that kind of an operation out when it is being covered on CNN.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#29 Postby cycloneye » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:41 pm

Ayatollah Ali Kameini calls U.S Elections a Victory for Iran

Read above what the Ayatollah said about the U.S elections and why he calls it a victory for Iran.
0 likes   

Derek Ortt

#30 Postby Derek Ortt » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:15 pm

Israel can wipe Iran out in 5 minutes and they don't really care what the other terrorists think
0 likes   

kevin

#31 Postby kevin » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:21 pm

Yes, they can, but the world does not work like that. Power unable to be used, is not power. The Israelis have a formidable and hardened nuclear capability for one reason, to destroy their enemies in the event of a nuclear attack on Israel.

A world where Israel launches a preemptive nuclear strike to obliterate Iran, is a fantasy world which does not take into account the political reality within Israel.

If the Israelis attack Iran, it will be through a bombing campaign on research facilities and reactors. This conventional action would be at the very limit of what they can do with their airforce, unless the United States refuels their jets over Iraq. Which would be a political mess for us, for a whole host of common sense reasons.

The Israelis attempt it when the danger grows too serious to ignore, but I am not sure they can decisively eliminate the Iranian nuclear program.
0 likes   

Derek Ortt

#32 Postby Derek Ortt » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:40 pm

Israel of course will not begin with a nuclear strike.

Both if other terrorist nations commit the war crime of aggression against Israel in response (and Israel would have the legitimate right to act based upon the direct Iranian threat to their security), then the bets would be off if their survival is at stake.

Also, Iran probably shouldn't mess with us. The last time they did Reagan's response was operation Preying Mantis... one afternoon, no more Iranian navy in the Persian Gulf and Iran begged for peace terms from Saddam, so they didn't have to seek terms from Reagan
0 likes   

Stratosphere747
Category 5
Category 5

#33 Postby Stratosphere747 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:36 pm

The comments by Sneh were a public and open reminder to the new leadership of the House and Senate...;)
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#34 Postby cycloneye » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:21 pm

Iran Spying a U.S Carrier with Drone

This is a very serious development from the Iranians doing that spying against the U.S fleet in the Persian Gulf.But why did the marines in that carrier did not shot down the drone?
0 likes   

Aquawind
Category 5
Category 5

#35 Postby Aquawind » Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:10 pm

I don't know Luis.. They most certainly know they are being watched by Iran. Just like we are watching them. Watching a boat float is no big deal and of course deception can work for both sides. We could just scare the heck out of them and have the Nukes locked and loaded next time they fly over..lol What are they going to do about it? Nothing..

With the harsh words from Iran and the almost certain threat of Nukes from Iran I would not be surprised if Isreal pulled the trigger even without any support from other nations. I highly doubt anyone else will retaliate with Nukes other than Iran itself even if it is capable. They have very capable and advanced conventional war capabilities to fight the other muslim nations attacking thier boarders. If the "muslim world" is going to jump on board with Iran on any attack then they have little to lose by not striking first and taking Nukes out of their enemies hands. Negotiating with countries that do already have nuclear capabilities does not work to well as they have seen with North Korea. Even if they cannot take Iran's Nuke program out entirely they would set it back many years and strike again whenever they seen needed to avoid being attacked by Nukes.

If the middle east is going continue to have politics driven by religion a holy war in the middle east is going to escalate to Nukes undoutedly. I can understand why they want to avoid that by striking first..even with Nukes. The Iranian people need to understand this or they are foolishly putting a target on themselves because Isreal is capable and has no reason to wait. The people of Isreal are not leaving or changing their religion. They have been living in this terroristic war for many years and already know terrorists can not be bargained with.

I don't have much faith in Sanctions and if allows them to continue development anyway it is useless.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#36 Postby cycloneye » Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:30 pm

Aquawind wrote:I don't know Luis.. They most certainly know they are being watched by Iran. Just like we are watching them. Watching a boat float is no big deal and of course deception can work for both sides. We could just scare the heck out of them and have the Nukes locked and loaded next time they fly over..lol What are they going to do about it? Nothing..

With the harsh words from Iran and the almost certain threat of Nukes from Iran I would not be surprised if Isreal pulled the trigger even without any support from other nations. I highly doubt anyone else will retaliate with Nukes other than Iran itself even if it is capable. They have very capable and advanced conventional war capabilities to fight the other muslim nations attacking thier boarders. If the "muslim world" is going to jump on board with Iran on any attack then they have little to lose by not striking first and taking Nukes out of their enemies hands. Negotiating with countries that do already have nuclear capabilities does not work to well as they have seen with North Korea. Even if they cannot take Iran's Nuke program out entirely they would set it back many years and strike again whenever they seen needed to avoid being attacked by Nukes.

If the middle east is going continue to have politics driven by religion a holy war in the middle east is going to escalate to Nukes undoutedly. I can understand why they want to avoid that by striking first..even with Nukes. The Iranian people need to understand this or they are foolishly putting a target on themselves because Isreal is capable and has no reason to wait. The people of Isreal are not leaving or changing their religion. They have been living in this terroristic war for many years and already know terrorists can not be bargained with.

I don't have much faith in Sanctions and if allows them to continue development anyway it is useless.

Paul,you may be right about the spying not being a big deal,but I was thinking about them as crazy fanatics as they can do something bad to the ships in the Persian Gulf.I agree that Israel can strike the nuke plants at any time.
0 likes   

Aquawind
Category 5
Category 5

#37 Postby Aquawind » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:09 pm

I was thinking about them as crazy fanatics as they can do something bad to the ships in the Persian Gulf.

I don't think those drone planes can carry much payload for a bomb. That is one of the serious concerns related to these unstable and radical governments passing on technology such as the drones to terroristic groups that could modify them for more evil purposes. Whoever would be stupid enough to attack a warship would be taking a major chance. We have some impressive forensics these days to find the origins of such materials. But terrorists hide among the people and we would have to be certain of exactly who was responsible. You can bet if they know about them and if something did happen even one time they would start blowing them out of the sky everytime..
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#38 Postby cycloneye » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:04 am

More Threats from Iran to Israel

:uarrow: :uarrow: :uarrow: :uarrow: :uarrow:

More blah,blah,blah from Iran.
0 likes   

HURAKAN
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#39 Postby HURAKAN » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:15 am

They're waiting to see who throws the first rock. In the mean time, talking and threatening is the most common thing to do.
0 likes   

Aquawind
Category 5
Category 5

#40 Postby Aquawind » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:02 pm

Bush Calls for Global Isolation of Iran

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/ ... TE=DEFAULT

Things are going to get worse for the people of Iran.
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”