At least 26 dead in shooting at Connecticut elementary schoo

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Ptarmigan
Category 5
Category 5

At least 26 dead in shooting at Connecticut elementary schoo

#1 Postby Ptarmigan » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:19 pm

At least 26 dead in shooting at Connecticut elementary school
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/14/po ... ry-school/

Horrible. :grr: :cry:
0 likes   

StormingB81
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2 Postby StormingB81 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:21 pm

what the heck is this world coming to that someone shoots up an elementary school and unconfirmed reports say most of the kids are in kindergarten prayers for all
0 likes   

Ptarmigan
Category 5
Category 5

Re: At least 26 dead in shooting at Connecticut elementary schoo

#3 Postby Ptarmigan » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:27 pm

I heard on ABC News that the shooter is a 24 year old man and possibly father and had a bulletproof vest and 4 guns.
0 likes   

Tstormwatcher
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby Tstormwatcher » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:33 pm

18 children dead, 9 adults from what I hear. So, so horrible. :(
0 likes   

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5 Postby Brent » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:46 pm

Looks like a whole Kindergarten class wiped out
0 likes   
#neversummer

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#6 Postby Ntxw » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:21 pm

Such a tragedy, small children too. It's disgusting and cowardly. I hope our government gets a wake up call on gun laws.
0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

StormingB81
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#7 Postby StormingB81 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:55 pm

Thy are saying the shooters mom worked at the school she was shot as well and they believe he shot his dad because there is a body that was found the house.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#8 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:56 pm

This is a HORRIBLE TRAGEDY that will affect literally hundreds if not thousands of people for a long time. Whether you pray, send good thoughts, whatever you do, please do it for these people to support them during this time. This is what these people need more than anything at this time.
It is fine to discuss ones feelings concerning gun laws in this country as long as each person is respectful of others and their feelings and DO NOT BRING POLITICS INTO IT.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

StormingB81
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#9 Postby StormingB81 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:00 pm

The real sad thing here...Christmas is in less then a week and a half! The Holidays of those families effected will never be the same!
0 likes   

StormingB81
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#10 Postby StormingB81 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:00 pm

They are now saying BOTH the gunman parents have been killed
0 likes   

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

Re:

#11 Postby Ntxw » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:03 pm

StormingB81 wrote:The real sad thing here...Christmas is in less then a week and a half! The Holidays of those families effected will never be the same!

I thought about that, and it's just so saddening to think of. Those children most certainly must have looked forward to their special yearly break and gifts that aren't going to be opened now. I can't imagine what the parents of the victims are going through.
0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

brunota2003
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re:

#12 Postby brunota2003 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:25 pm

Ntxw wrote:Such a tragedy, small children too. It's disgusting and cowardly. I hope our government gets a wake up call on gun laws.

Gun laws won't help. He already broke the law by committing murder, what good would gun laws do? He'd just break those too. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims, their families and the first responders wo had to walk into the horrible scene.
0 likes   
Just a small town southern boy helping other humans.

StormingB81
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#13 Postby StormingB81 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:30 pm

The shooters sister is also missing....
0 likes   

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

Re: Re:

#14 Postby Ntxw » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:36 pm

brunota2003 wrote:Gun laws won't help. He already broke the law by committing murder, what good would gun laws do? He'd just break those too. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims, their families and the first responders wo had to walk into the horrible scene.

I understand this sentiment. But we've had too many chronic shootings like this over the past few years/year. It won't solve the problem, mental rehabilitation and various other mental health care is also needed but at least it's doing something.

Obama said the school children were between 6-10 years old in his press conference, just tragic...
0 likes   

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#15 Postby Ntxw » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:44 pm

Brother of the shooter is reported dead in his New Jersey home per CNN. Might be another crime scene there.
0 likes   

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

angelwing
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#16 Postby angelwing » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:14 pm

Prayers for all :cry:
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#17 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:14 pm

I have to disagree with you Tim. I think there needs to be National requirements for background checks for mental and criminal countrywide, not just in some states. Connecticut has strict gun laws. From what I have read Adam Lanza got his guns elsewhere and brought them there. Perhaps he might not have been able to obtain them as easily as he apparently did if his history of mental problems had been available. Yes, if someone wants a gun bad enough they will obtain one no doubt, but why not make it harder for them to get them? Anyone wanting a gun for legitimate purposes should be willing to go through a background check and wait to obtain their weapon imo.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

Ptarmigan
Category 5
Category 5

#18 Postby Ptarmigan » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:25 pm

27 Dead, Including 20 Children, At Sandy Hook School Shooting In Newtown
http://www.courant.com/news/breaking/hc ... 9911.story

The shooter is identified as 20 year old Adam Lanza.
0 likes   

RL3AO
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#19 Postby RL3AO » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:56 pm

People throw around "gun control" with no context. Gun control can be limiting large capacity magazines or it could be banning all guns. It has a big range.

My view is simple. The government has a few options like background checks and databases. However any major legislation to limit peoples access to guns would likely been seen as violating the 2nd amendment which means a constitutional amendment would need to be passed. However, with a topic that polarizing, the support needed to amend the constitution will not be met anytime in the near future (2/3 of both senate and house and 3/4ths of states).
0 likes   

SaskatchewanScreamer

#20 Postby SaskatchewanScreamer » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:25 pm

My sincere sympathies to the heartbroken families of those poor children.

I'm sure they are in the thoughts and prayers of the whole world.

We were traveling when we heard the horrifying news. The local radio station covered it for six hours today.

I truly do wish the type of guns available, in the United States, was severely limited and certainly that those that can fire multiple rounds were made illegal and all that are confiscated destroyed.
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”