New floor installation problem...

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Stephanie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

New floor installation problem...

#1 Postby Stephanie » Thu May 02, 2013 8:35 pm

Is anyone out there a lawyer or know one about faulty installations?

Okay, so I had a company that specializes in installing all kinds of floors that advertises on television all the time, installed a new vinyl floor in my kitchen. Everyone would recognize the "jingle" in the advertisement. Anyway, I was quoted to have the old floor removed and the new floor put in place. Well, the installers didn't do that because the old floor was the original floor, there were no obvious problems with that floor other than it was old and sometimes you create new problems by ripping up the old floor and exposing the cement. I'm getting a credit for that so I don't pay for something that didn't happen.

NOW, I noticed that around my patio door, refrigerator, dishwasher, walls, the floor, when tapped, sounds hollow, and not firm, like not attached to the floor. Further in the room, when I tap the floor, it sounds and feels like it's attached to the floor. I called again and I'm supposed to be contacted within 1 - 3 business days. I feel like I made a huge mistake and damaged my house. I needed a new floor. The other one was the original and very discolored and worn. I felt like I was walking into a dirty kitchen each time. I'm sitting here rather stunned, pissed and I know I won't be recommending this company to anyone.

Should I ask them to rip it all out, even the old and put a whole new floor in with both floors taken up? I don't want them to just glue the edges and reinstall the moulding. I don't trust them now. :(
0 likes   

Gufler
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

Re: New floor installation problem...

#2 Postby Gufler » Thu May 02, 2013 9:26 pm

Hi Steph
Well they should have removed the old flooring anyways. even if it was Vnyl. Trying to laydown a new Vnyl floor over a old one is going to create major problems. They didn't do it correctly.. you're going to have many air pockets now.
And I dought if the new floor will ever adhere correctly. Professionals will rip up the old Vnyl floor and use a heat device.. to scrape up and remove the old glue.. right down to the bare surface. Seems to me they are going to have to do it all over again. Even Youtube should have Videos of professionals removing and how they do it correctlly.

I wouldn't let them get away with a shabby job. Please hold them to what they are suppose to do.
0 likes   

Stephanie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: New floor installation problem...

#3 Postby Stephanie » Fri May 03, 2013 9:35 pm

Thank you for your reply. I don't think I could trust them to even "repair" the problem.
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”