Having to do a lot of scrolling (big avatars)

This forum is for making test posts, requesting assistance, and making suggestions

Moderator: S2k Moderators

KBBOCA
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: Formerly Boca Raton, often West Africa. Currently Charlotte NC

Having to do a lot of scrolling (big avatars)

#1 Postby KBBOCA » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:51 pm

The site design looks great. I've not had time to play with it much and learn all the new features, but one thing I noted off the bat. It seems like most posts are much larger (in height) than before. I'm not sure if this is due to the avatars being larger (many seem taller), or if you have increased the size of the default message post.

But it means that posts with just one line of text are very large. And so it means a LOT of scrolling to get down to the bottom of the page.

Is this something we can change in our personal display options settings? (I tried turning avatars off, and while it helped a little, the display still seems larger (height-wise) than before.

If it matters, I'm running Firefox 2.0. And even when I reduce my text size (Ctrl - ) there's more scrolling than I remember.
0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: Having to do a lot of scrolling (big avatars)

#2 Postby southerngale » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:20 am

I do see what you're talking about, but I think it's something that you'll get used to. :) I haven't noticed any more scrolling as it seems about the same to me, but I compared the stuff over there (<-----) to the style of the old board and it does take up a little bit more room, but it also looks less cluttered, IMO. The member name, where it says Tropical Storm (or Storm2k Moderator, etc.) the hurricane symbols, avatar, Joined, Posts, Location were more scrunched up together on the old board and there's a bit of space between them now. We also have the online/offline button now, that we didn't have before. I'm sure Chad or Marshall will respond if there's anything that can/will be done, but I personally think it looks a little neater this way. I hope it will grow on you. :wink:
0 likes   

Return to “Tests, Help, & Suggestions”