too many graphics in threads

This forum is for making test posts, requesting assistance, and making suggestions

Moderator: S2k Moderators

lookout
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

too many graphics in threads

#1 Postby lookout » Wed Jun 25, 2003 5:52 pm

i wasnt sure which forum to post this in so i posted in this one and the off-topic board. hope thats ok.

i dont post here very often and the main reason for that is, it takes so blasted long to load these pages due to the imo, excessive graphics in every thread. i dont know about the rest of you but i dont go to message boards to see cartoons, pictures and/or graphics but rather news, information and opinions. for those of us on dial up its extremely annoying to wait so long on every thread to load. dont get me wrong however, i do think this is a good message board and appreciate the work that has gone into it. a lot of informative posts/people but personally, i would enjoy it a whole lot more if it didnt have so many pictures, or banners or whatever in every post and is mainly the reason i stick to boards like wwbb because its simple and effective and i dont have to wait for all these pictures to load. at any rate, i just wanted to throw in my two cents. thanks for listening
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby chadtm80 » Wed Jun 25, 2003 6:03 pm

Thanks for your input lookout! :-)

I believe the ability to post images is one of the reasons this board is so great.. Not sure what template you are using, but I reccomend fi plain.. It loads the fastest.
0 likes   

I agree

#3 Postby I agree » Fri Jun 27, 2003 4:25 pm

I completely agree, Chad.

Like Chad said, Lookout, you should change your template (go to the top of the screen and click "Profile" and edit your settings). I used to have dial-up and graphics-heavy sites were a pain sometimes. But it's really great to have them here because others can illustrate some of their points better when they have a radar image or what-have-you to show the rest of us.

Yes, I know...you mean the avatars and signatures also. Those are just....cool to have!

~Duck
0 likes   

GalvestonDuck
Category 5
Category 5
Location: Galveston, oh Galveston (And yeah, it's a barrier island. Wanna make something of it?)

Hmmmmmm

#4 Postby GalvestonDuck » Fri Jun 27, 2003 4:27 pm

weird...I got logged out and didn't know it.

Sorry...didn't mean to post that almost anonymously.

~Duck
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby mf_dolphin » Fri Jun 27, 2003 5:49 pm

NO problem ~Duck! :-)
0 likes   

Return to “Tests, Help, & Suggestions”