#761 Postby TheBurn » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:01 pm

0 likes   

thetruesms
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

Re: ATL : TROPICAL STORM BONNIE - MODELS

#762 Postby thetruesms » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:15 pm

petit_bois wrote:
smw1981 wrote:The models have been trending east with almost every run..we could use the rain (here in Mobile, AL), so I am hoping that she hits as a weak TS just to our west!

Need the rain but don't need the oil that would likely come ashore with it...
we just can't win.

I kind of like the idea of a strong TS coming in around Panama City giving us a strong north wind that pushes all the oil deep into the gulf and away from us... But then... that woudn't be nice to whom ever would have to deal with it then...
Just a no win situation. Thank God it doesn't matter what we want a storm to do... they just do what they do... wishacsting or not.
Well, if it got pushed into the loop eddy, it would just swirl around in the middle of the gulf until it weathered away, which seems less crappy than other scenarios Image
0 likes   

smw1981
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#763 Postby smw1981 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:24 pm

petit_bois wrote:
smw1981 wrote:The models have been trending east with almost every run..we could use the rain (here in Mobile, AL), so I am hoping that she hits as a weak TS just to our west!

Need the rain but don't need the oil that would likely come ashore with it...
we just can't win.

I agree 100% but if she hit just west of here (here being the Alabama coast), because she is so small, her eastern side should be near the surface oil, pushing it south (not towards the coastline)...
0 likes   

Stormcenter
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#764 Postby Stormcenter » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:02 pm

Just remember my early second landfall prediction on Tuesday (or Wednesday) was the AL/FL stateline. :D
0 likes   

StormClouds63
Category 2
Category 2

Re: ATL : TROPICAL DEPRESSION BONNIE - MODELS

#765 Postby StormClouds63 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:17 pm

This ULL is one of the largest I've ever seen in the GOM. Maybe in this special case, it, rather than Bonnie, deserves to be named. ULL of the 2010 tropical season so far.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re: ATL : TROPICAL DEPRESSION BONNIE - MODELS

#766 Postby cycloneye » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:41 am

From the 10 AM CDT advisory on the performance of the models.

WE HAVE TO GIVE CREDIT TO DYNAMICAL AND GLOBAL MODELS THAT ALL ALONG
FORECAST THE CURRENT WEAKENING TREND OF BONNIE.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

StormTracker
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#767 Postby StormTracker » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:53 pm

Ivanhater wrote:
ROCK wrote:
Ivanhater wrote:The damage is already done. Being under a tropical storm warning right now, the oil spill clean up has been severely hampered. This is not good news for the oil spill area. BTW, the track forecast has been horrible with this system, what makes anyone think intensity will be even better.

Good news for the oil spill area is that you dont have a hurricane with a 15ft storm surge.. :D ..all you will have is a passing t-storm and some wind. Might even help break up any oil remaining out there....

That's the truth Rock, but just the halt in cleanup and being under a tropical storm warning just adds to the insult. Pensacola for instance depends on tourism on our beaches during the summer months.

Come soon enough we will be tracking the big ones.

I still don't turn my back on these small systems, they can ramp up fast with any relaxation in the upper winds and that can be hard to predict sometimes.

IH, look at it this way, maybe it's not so bad! Bonnie came right through my back yard(as I sort of calculated it would by the way), and only lost 2 avocados & no mangoes from my fruit trees! I was working(for FedEx)at the time she came through in the downtown Miami area and I remember only once that a wind gust shook my truck! Bonnie was a joke for us as a so-called TS down here, so maybe the same thing will happen in the oil spill area(I know, it's a body of water, it's different)! Look, I've seen way worst rain storms than Bonnie! Hopefully it won't have such a dramatic impact on the area as we're thinking it might! Positive thoughts bring positive results!!! 8-)
0 likes   
Something's wrong when you regret, things that haven't happened yet!

Weatherfreak000

#768 Postby Weatherfreak000 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:17 pm

CMC favored here?
0 likes   

Return to “2010”