ATL: ISAAC - Post-Tropical - Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re:

#101 Postby cycloneye » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:00 pm

Aric Dunn wrote:very likely to a td tomorrow at some point. if not then sunday morning.

You think that fast?
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Re:

#102 Postby Aric Dunn » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:06 pm

cycloneye wrote:
Aric Dunn wrote:very likely to a td tomorrow at some point. if not then sunday morning.

You think that fast?

yes. pretty sure we will wake up to a system well on its way. ( already evidence it is.)
0 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.
If there is nothing before... then just ask :)

Space & Atmospheric Physicist, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
I believe the sky is falling...

Caribwxgirl
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#103 Postby Caribwxgirl » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:08 pm

Anyone gonna answer my question? Should we maybe be focusing on the front portion rather than the back?
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institutions or storm2k.org. For official information refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Riptide
Category 2
Category 2

Re:

#104 Postby Riptide » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:09 pm

Caribwxgirl wrote:Anyone gonna answer my question? Should we maybe be focusing on the front portion rather than the back?

That convection is just ITCZ(Inter-tropical convergence zone) activity; nothing that could devlope before 94L.
0 likes   

Caribwxgirl
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#105 Postby Caribwxgirl » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:11 pm

Riptide wrote:
Caribwxgirl wrote:Anyone gonna answer my question? Should we maybe be focusing on the front portion rather than the back?

That convection is just ITCZ(Inter-tropical convergence zone) activity; nothing that could devlope before 94L.

Thank you
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institutions or storm2k.org. For official information refer to the NHC and NWS products.

KWT
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#106 Postby KWT » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:11 pm

Depends on whether the low level flow picks up pace, its already going at a decent clip, could end up suffering like other systems in this area have.

If it doesn't, conditions are good barring the structural issues so you may not be far off the mark, I think Sunday eveing into Monday myself.

Certainly needs very close watching though!
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#107 Postby Aric Dunn » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:23 pm

KWT wrote:

Depends on whether the low level flow picks up pace, its already going at a decent clip, could end up suffering like other systems in this area have.

If it doesn't, conditions are good barring the structural issues so you may not be far off the mark, I think Sunday eveing into Monday myself.

Certainly needs very close watching though!

this shouldnt have the same problem the sal is low and this system has is imbedded in a large moisture envelope the others suffered from pulsating convection... as you know if there is deep convection the convergence is good and a circualtion not only can form but maintain, it also means multiple vorts will consolidate easier if sustained convection is present... all said is what appears to going on atm.
0 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re: ATL: INVEST 94L

#108 Postby cycloneye » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:40 pm

00z Best Track

AL, 94, 2012081800, , BEST, 0, 111N, 255W, 20, 1009, DB

ftp://ftp.nhc.noaa.gov/atcf/tcweb/inves ... 012.invest
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars

KWT
Category 5
Category 5

#109 Postby KWT » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:52 pm

Still rushing westwards at the moment Cycloneye, that won't be changing any time soon from the looks of things, at least not till 60W IMO.
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products

Hurricane Alexis
Category 2
Category 2

ATL: INVEST 94L - Models

#110 Postby Hurricane Alexis » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:02 pm

Can Andrew be used as a analog in this case?
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

AJC3
Admin
Admin

#111 Postby AJC3 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:04 pm

Aric Dunn wrote:
cycloneye wrote:

You think that fast?

yes. pretty sure we will wake up to a system well on its way. ( already evidence it is.)

Tomorrow is too fast, Aric. The wave is fully involved with the ITCZ right now (see ASCAT), and the convection is largely on the front flank of the wave axis, which is a good sign of this being the case. Separation is going to take a couple days. I'd say Sunday would be the earliest shot, but it may take a little longer.
0 likes   

KWT
Category 5
Category 5

Re: ATL: INVEST 94L - Models

#112 Postby KWT » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:12 pm

Hurricane Alexis wrote:Can Andrew be used as a analog in this case?

Too early to say to be honest, its a possiblity IF the 12z ECM solution ends up coming off.
0 likes   

Blown Away
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#113 Postby Blown Away » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:23 pm

Holy Crud! Just casually running the 18z GFS after being away from the computer and thinking a little farther west and WOW! :eek:
0 likes   
Hurricane Eye Experience: David 79, Irene 99, Frances 04, Jeanne 04, Wilma 05... EYE COMING MY WAY IN 2024…
Hurricane Brush Experience: Andrew 92, Erin 95, Floyd 99, Matthew 16, Irma 17, Ian 22, Nicole 22…

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#114 Postby Aric Dunn » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:23 pm

AJC3 wrote:
Aric Dunn wrote:
cycloneye wrote:
You think that fast?

Tomorrow is too fast, Aric. The wave is fully involved with the ITCZ right now (see ASCAT), and the convection is largely on the front flank of the wave axis, which is a good sign of this being the case. Separation is going to take a couple days. I'd say Sunday would be the earliest shot, but it may take a little longer.

I do agree its still involved with the ITCZ. it does not have to take days to break off. it is as you know dependent of deep convection we can get a system to break away from the itcz in much shorter time given the right conditions.

I also did in a following post mention the sunday being the likely day for the nhc to do anything :) but by definition ( as vague as it is) happens earlier than the official word.
0 likes   

AJC3
Admin
Admin

#115 Postby AJC3 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:26 pm

Aric Dunn wrote:
AJC3 wrote: Tomorrow is too fast, Aric. The wave is fully involved with the ITCZ right now (see ASCAT), and the convection is largely on the front flank of the wave axis, which is a good sign of this being the case. Separation is going to take a couple days. I'd say Sunday would be the earliest shot, but it may take a little longer.

I do agree its still involved with the ITCZ. it does not have to take days to break off. it is as you know dependent of deep convection we can get a system to break away from the itcz in much shorter time given the right conditions.

Right, and the convection is going to have to become more robust near the vort center closer to the cusp of the wave axis, away from the ITCZ. Right now that's not the case. Give it a few days.
0 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#116 Postby Aric Dunn » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:32 pm

AJC3 wrote:
Aric Dunn wrote:
AJC3 wrote: Tomorrow is too fast, Aric. The wave is fully involved with the ITCZ right now (see ASCAT), and the convection is largely on the front flank of the wave axis, which is a good sign of this being the case. Separation is going to take a couple days. I'd say Sunday would be the earliest shot, but it may take a little longer.

Right, and the convection is going to have to become more robust near the vort center closer to the cusp of the wave axis, away from the ITCZ. Right now that's not the case. Give it a few days.

exactly the convection has weakened today as developing systems typically do. tonight will help us figure things out. :)
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#117 Postby cycloneye » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:33 pm

Some new popcorn type but nothing significant yet.

0 likes   

jaxfladude
Category 5
Category 5

#118 Postby jaxfladude » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:42 pm

Blown Away wrote:Holy Crud! Just casually running the 18z GFS after being away from the computer and thinking a little farther west and WOW! :eek:

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Getting worried about this system already! :eek: Feels like a bad omen for someone.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 likes   
Stay safe y'all

AJC3
Admin
Admin

#119 Postby AJC3 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:51 pm

Aric Dunn wrote: exactly the convection has weakened today as developing systems typically do. tonight will help us figure things out. :)

These are the times I really miss QUIK-SCAT. I mean, ASCAT is nice, but not quite what we once had.
0 likes   

RL3AO
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#120 Postby RL3AO » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:54 pm

Quick look and it seems the easterlies aren't quiet as strong in the central Atlantic as they we're. Probably going to be the difference between this system and one like Helene.
0 likes   

Return to “2012”