ATL: INVEST 91L - Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

lrak
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: ATL: INVEST 91L - Discussion

#101 Postby lrak » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:51 am

Aric Dunn wrote:I count at least 4 vorts rotating around. Something will consolidate it a good deal of convection builds.

https://i.imgur.com/wOzCBRX.jpg

Now it looks like the SW one :lol:
1 likes   
AKA karl

Also
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
My posts on this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. My posts are my basic observations and are definitely not backed by any "well some" meteorological knowledge. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#102 Postby Aric Dunn » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:57 am

lrak wrote:
Aric Dunn wrote:I count at least 4 vorts rotating around. Something will consolidate it a good deal of convection builds.

Now it looks like the SW one :lol:

Lol. It will do that until convection builds near the middle of the vorts. Besides the vorts its structure is.much better than yesterday. More symmetrical wind field.
0 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.
If there is nothing before... then just ask :)

Space & Atmospheric Physicist, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
I believe the sky is falling...

GCANE
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: ATL: INVEST 91L - Discussion: (Recon for today was canceled)

#103 Postby GCANE » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:11 am

Looking at CIMSS, a good ML (500mb) vort is developing to the east.
Shear-driven convection is firing off in it.
Pretty decent cirrus layer here too.
Might work itself down to the surface.
2 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#104 Postby cycloneye » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:32 am

IMO,it was a good decision to cancel todays recon because there is not a well defined low pressure yet but small vortices as Aric mentioned.But for Tuesday it may look better to send the plane as we may have a more organized system than today. Let's see how things evolve in real time on the next 24 hours.
1 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#105 Postby chaser1 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:35 am

Nice graphic. I think I see an additional one well to the Southeast over land (weakened vort center that moved north from the Pacific side yesterday?). I think a LLC will essentially become slowly better established a little east and north of the presently depicted Best Track center. I'd keep an eye on the 850mb (southerly) winds becoming sharper and a bit stronger by late in the day. This should aid it's low to mid level inflow and i'd guess result in a significant convective blow up east and north of center later today into this evening. The added lift and deeper convergent inflow from the south should result in pressure falls and a LLC to become a little better defined tonight. I think that this along with the competing LLC to the southwest which in part has been the cause of the east-west stretched elongated low has been the primary inhibiting factors for quicker development. The energy from this second feature within the broader gyre should move south (inland) today as well. Here again I think we'll begin to see signs of an increased northwesterly 850mb flow feeding into 91L's west quadrant. I'd be surprised if overall convection were not to increase and become more concentrated nearer to 91L's center this evening/tonight.
1 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#106 Postby Aric Dunn » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:37 am

cycloneye wrote:IMO,it was a good decision to cancel todays recon because there is not a well defined low pressure yet but small vortices as Aric mentioned.But for Tuesday it may look better to send the plane as we may have a more organized system than today. Let's see how things evolve in real time on the next 24 hours.

Yeah, the would close off the wind field but cont one defined circ.

But speaking of vorts. That vort/lobe on the SE side of circ is going to be carrying a lot of energy has it swings north. Watch for a large convective burst as it does so later.
1 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#107 Postby cycloneye » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:49 am

1 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#108 Postby chaser1 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:53 am

mcheer23 wrote:Recon CANCELLED.

Make's sense. Save the gas, and clean of any remaining love-bugs from the windshield. I'd guess they'll fly her tomorrow and find a reasonably closed 1004 mb center.
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#109 Postby cycloneye » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:56 am

1 likes   

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#110 Postby chaser1 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:02 am

:tailgate: "Tail-gate T.D. development watch party" tonight (BYOB, drink responsibly :cheesy: )
9 likes   

slamdaddy
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#111 Postby slamdaddy » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:31 am

All in for a good development watch par-tay 8-)
0 likes   

MGC
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#112 Postby MGC » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:59 am

As long as the center of 91L remains devoid of convection ain't nuthin gonna happen. I'm betting the arch of convection is choking the center of moisture....only slow development I'm thinking, still holding to my 25% chance of TC formation for 91L, just don't have the look.....MGC
0 likes   

Craters
Category 1
Category 1

#113 Postby Craters » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:18 pm

MGC wrote:As long as the center of 91L remains devoid of convection ain't nuthin gonna happen. I'm betting the arch of convection is choking the center of moisture....only slow development I'm thinking, still holding to my 25% chance of TC formation for 91L, just don't have the look.....MGC

MGC, quit it with the negative waves! :lol:
2 likes   
Nothing that I post here should ever be treated as a forecast or anything resembling one. Please check with your local NWS office or the NHC for forecasts, watches, and warnings.

mcheer23
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#114 Postby mcheer23 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:29 pm

Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 PM EDT Mon Jun 3 2019

For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:

Showers and thunderstorms associated with a broad area of low
pressure located over the Bay of Campeche have become a little
better organized since yesterday. However, recent satellite-based
wind data indicate that the circulation of the low is elongated and
poorly defined. This system is expected to move slowly northwestward
toward the northeastern coast of Mexico, and could become a tropical
cyclone before it moves inland in a day or two. Regardless of
development, the disturbance will likely produce heavy rainfall over
portions of southern and eastern Mexico during the next few days.
Heavy rainfall is also likely to spread over southeastern Texas and
Louisiana through Thursday. The Air Force Reserve reconnaissance
mission for this afternoon has been canceled, however another
aircraft has been scheduled to investigate the disturbance tomorrow,
if necessary. Interests along the Gulf coast of Mexico should
monitor the progress of this system.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...60 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.

$$
Forecaster Zelinsky
0 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

Re: ATL: INVEST 91L - Discussion: 2 PM TWO: 60%/60% A little better organized

#115 Postby Aric Dunn » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:38 pm

Man once that lobe on the se side gets east to west orientated this will likely take.

Every frame it showing more orginization.
0 likes   

MGC
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#116 Postby MGC » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:43 pm

Craters wrote:
MGC wrote:As long as the center of 91L remains devoid of convection ain't nuthin gonna happen. I'm betting the arch of convection is choking the center of moisture....only slow development I'm thinking, still holding to my 25% chance of TC formation for 91L, just don't have the look.....MGC

MGC, quit it with the negative waves! :lol:

Call them like I see them. Worry not, there are 6 months left for something to spin up. No saying 91L won't but I doubt it with its current structure. However things can change in the BOC.....MGC
0 likes   

lrak
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#117 Postby lrak » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:47 pm

Looks a lot better than this morning for sure. Only satellite observation but to me it looks like a small tight turning just above the little blob in the center of the disturbance.
0 likes   
AKA karl

Also
My posts on this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. My posts are my basic observations and are definitely not backed by any "well some" meteorological knowledge. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#118 Postby chaser1 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:52 pm

Aric Dunn wrote:Man once that lobe on the se side gets east to west orientated this will likely take.

Every frame it showing more orginization.

Yep, sure does. While the 2:00pm TWO indicates "a little better organized", I disagree with the suggestion that the circulation is "elongated". Appears to me that a LLC exists (possibly still just above the surface?) and is a little bit broad but certainly not appearing elongated. Maybe what was meant was the the surface pressure field was still elongated and not yet fully constricted to a better defined tight COC. That may very well be evolving right now though, given the last couple hour increase of convection near the center that's taking place. Overall trend shows improved organization. I would've increased development percentages to 70/80.
1 likes   

Cypresso
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#119 Postby Cypresso » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:54 pm

91L still has Houston looking south. Another day or two should let us know more here in H-Town. The continuing curve more to the east is interesting, however it is hard for myself to trust tracking this far out. Thanks for all the information you guys/gals have been sharing on perhaps Barry in the making!
1 likes   
Houston, Texas. Allison '01, Rita '05, Dolly '08, Ike '08, Issac '12, Harvey '17

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#120 Postby chaser1 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:57 pm

Cypresso wrote:91L still has Houston looking south. Another day or two should let us know more here in H-Town. The continuing curve more to the east is interesting, however it is hard for myself to trust tracking this far out. Thanks for all the information you guys/gals have been sharing on perhaps Barry in the making!

Feel free to bring along some popcorn to the "Tail-gate" this evening! :wink:
2 likes   

Return to “2019”