#41 Postby wxman57 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:46 am

Development unlikely.
0 likes   

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: ATL: INVEST 94L - Discussion

#42 Postby northjaxpro » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:47 am

TheStormExpert wrote:I'm betting recon will be pulled.

https://twitter.com/MikeAdcockWx/status/1303663666471075842

Yeah, I have been afraid of this potentially happening since yesterday.

Now they may plan to fly out to that mid-level vort tomorrow or Friday, should they cancel today as that disturbance will be approaching the South Florida coast by Friday.
Last edited by northjaxpro on Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
NEVER, EVER SAY NEVER in the tropics and weather in general, and most importantly, with life itself!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Fay 2008 Beryl 2012 Debby 2012 Colin 2016 Hermine 2016 Julia 2016 Matthew 2016 Irma 2017 Dorian 2019

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#43 Postby Aric Dunn » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:50 am

northjaxpro wrote:

Now they may plan to fly out to that mid-level vort tomorrow or Friday, should they cancel today as that disturbance will be approaching the South Florida coast by Friday.

Dont count it out yet.. although small this is the best organized convection this thing has seen..
Last edited by Aric Dunn on Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.
If there is nothing before... then just ask :)

Space & Atmospheric Physicist, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
I believe the sky is falling...

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#44 Postby TheStormExpert » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:51 am

northjaxpro wrote:

Nothing is going to amount from this most likely as Levi said in his video from last night. The NHC's 30% seems too generous, I'd go with 10% if that.
1 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#45 Postby northjaxpro » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:56 am

Aric Dunn wrote:
northjaxpro wrote:

Dont count it out yet.. although small this is the best organized convection this thing has seen..

Me, count out anything in the tropics? Blasphamous! Now ArIc, you know better

My mantra I famously preach on this forum and everyday life

:wink: Never say NEVER in anything weather and life!!!
1 likes   
NEVER, EVER SAY NEVER in the tropics and weather in general, and most importantly, with life itself!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Fay 2008 Beryl 2012 Debby 2012 Colin 2016 Hermine 2016 Julia 2016 Matthew 2016 Irma 2017 Dorian 2019

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#46 Postby northjaxpro » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:08 am

Aric Dunn wrote:
northjaxpro wrote:Just checked and Recon still is scheduled to fly out at 18Z this afternoon to see what is going on out here. Aric, US Tropics and yours truly discussed the mid-level vorticity we to the southeast, which has maintained convection for the past couple of days and continues this morning. However, there is a new burst of convection there currently.

The low level vort where Recon planned to investigate continues to be strugglng to fire convection this morming. This area will continue to move toward the North Carolina Coast as a weak Low/ vort by Friday morning and models continue to remain not enthusiastic about development.

Now, the mid level vort to the southeast will move south-southwest the next few days and actually cross the Central or South-Central Florida peninsula this weekend and then emerge into the Southeast GOM on Sunday. The 06Z ICON and the 00Z EURO from last night are hinting at this to happen.

So, if Recon flies out, I hope they look at this area to the southeast later today. Regardless of what eventually happens, more rain is a guarantee for much of the peninsula, especially Central and South Florida , later the weekend and into early next week as well.

Yeah, it has all been the same trough for the last few days. if something reforms south it will still be 94L . Note: convection is increasing around that llc as we speak.. first time in its life..

on a side note.. there is increasing vorticity along the west coast fo florida and broad rotation has begun with the convection. some of the vorticity from the NW carrib system has migrated up..

Icon 6z sort of combines all this stuff now and tries to develop something in the eastern gulf..

would be very 2020.. lol

Yes I noticed the vorticity inching north into the extreme Southeast GOM just off the SW Florida Coast.

Nothing shocks me anymore in the tropics with the way 2020 has evolved. Just about any vort seemingly will develop out there.
2 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#47 Postby Aric Dunn » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:08 am

northjaxpro wrote:
Aric Dunn wrote:
northjaxpro wrote:Yeah, I have been afraid of this potentially happening since yesterday.

Me, count out anything in the tropics? Blasphamous! Now ArIc, you know better

My mantra I famously preach on this forum and everyday life

:wink: Never say NEVER in anything weather and life!!!

proportional to the size of the this circ.. this current burst is pretty significant.
0 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#48 Postby Aric Dunn » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:10 am

northjaxpro wrote:
Aric Dunn wrote:
northjaxpro wrote:Just checked and Recon still is scheduled to fly out at 18Z this afternoon to see what is going on out here. Aric, US Tropics and yours truly discussed the mid-level vorticity we to the southeast, which has maintained convection for the past couple of days and continues this morning. However, there is a new burst of convection there currently.

The low level vort where Recon planned to investigate continues to be strugglng to fire convection this morming. This area will continue to move toward the North Carolina Coast as a weak Low/ vort by Friday morning and models continue to remain not enthusiastic about development.

Now, the mid level vort to the southeast will move south-southwest the next few days and actually cross the Central or South-Central Florida peninsula this weekend and then emerge into the Southeast GOM on Sunday. The 06Z ICON and the 00Z EURO from last night are hinting at this to happen.

So, if Recon flies out, I hope they look at this area to the southeast later today. Regardless of what eventually happens, more rain is a guarantee for much of the peninsula, especially Central and South Florida , later the weekend and into early next week as well.

Yeah, it has all been the same trough for the last few days. if something reforms south it will still be 94L . Note: convection is increasing around that llc as we speak.. first time in its life..

on a side note.. there is increasing vorticity along the west coast fo florida and broad rotation has begun with the convection. some of the vorticity from the NW carrib system has migrated up..

Icon 6z sort of combines all this stuff now and tries to develop something in the eastern gulf..

would be very 2020.. lol

Yes I noticed the vorticity inching north into the extreme Southeast GOM just off the SW Florida Coast.

Nothing shocks me anymore in the tropics with the way 2020 has evolved. Just about any vort seemingly will develop out there.

currently west of tampa there appears to be some broad rotation with a weak meso vort on radar..

if the convection continues .. ill consider a thread later today.
1 likes   

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#49 Postby northjaxpro » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:15 am

:uarrow: Well, there is already a bit of model support buildiing for possible Eastern Gulf development Aric. I would wait at least through the 18Z model runs late today before making a separate thread for that potential, just to see consistency with the runs.
0 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#50 Postby Aric Dunn » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:21 am

northjaxpro wrote::uarrow: Well, there is already a bit of model support buildiing for possible Eastern Gulf development Aric. I would wait at least through the 18Z model runs late today before making a separate thread for that potential, just to see consistency with the runs.

models are poppycock..

only nowcasting this time of year.. :)
1 likes   

us89
Category 1
Category 1

#51 Postby us89 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:23 am

12z ATCF update:

94L INVEST 200909 1200 30.7N 73.0W ATL 20 1012
0 likes   

plasticup
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#52 Postby plasticup » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:32 am

Aric Dunn wrote:proportional to the size of the this circ.. this current burst is pretty significant.

What circ?
0 likes   
Eyes: Emily '86, Dean '89, Felix '95, Gert '99, Fabian '03, Humberto '19, Paulette '20

xironman
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#53 Postby xironman » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:48 am

Bottom center left. Kind of obscured by the thunderstorm

1 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#54 Postby Aric Dunn » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:49 am

Sustained overshooting top right over the small LLC...

interesting..
1 likes   

LarryWx
Category 5
Category 5

#55 Postby LarryWx » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:51 am

Indeed, convection has been persisting over the center for a number of hours now and for the first time since it was SE of Bermuda. Don’t count this out yet, especially with it going into warmer waters.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

us89
Category 1
Category 1

#56 Postby us89 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:40 pm

Still 30/30 as of 2 PM:
1. A small area of low pressure located about 300 miles southeast of
Wilmington, North Carolina, continues to produce disorganized
showers and thunderstorms near its center of circulation. The low
is forecast to move northwestward at 10 to 15 mph, and some
development is possible before it moves inland over eastern North
Carolina Thursday afternoon. Interests along the coasts of North
and South Carolina should continue to monitor the progress of this
disturbance.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.
0 likes   

OuterBanker
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#57 Postby OuterBanker » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:12 pm

The blob around Hatteras looks a lot more ominous than this swirl.
0 likes   

BensonTCwatcher
Category 5
Category 5

#58 Postby BensonTCwatcher » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:52 pm

Looks like it has at different times over the last 3 days. Just a tiny disturbance and LLC pulsing convection. I'm thinking this is out of time for any real development, but can't turn away since it's on my doorstep over the Gulfstream right about now. It's getting to the areas where I fish offshore LOL. Looks like it will make "partially naked mini swirl" landfall around Cape Lookout. Can't get enough convection going to get above 500 mb and there is dry air on both sides
0 likes   

us89
Category 1
Category 1

#59 Postby us89 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:27 pm

Down to 20/20:

1. A small low pressure area located about 240 miles southeast of
Wilmington, North Carolina, has become less organized since
yesterday. The low is forecast to move northwestward at 10 to 15
mph, and some development is still possible before it moves inland
over eastern North Carolina Thursday afternoon. Interests along the
coasts of North and South Carolina should continue to monitor the
progress of this disturbance.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
0 likes   

us89
Category 1
Category 1

#60 Postby us89 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:12 am

Now down to 0/0. Sally can wait a few more days.

1. A trough of low pressure located just off the coast of North
Carolina is producing minimal shower and thunderstorm activity.
This system is expected to move inland over eastern North Carolina
this afternoon, and therefore significant development is not
expected.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...near 0 percent.
0 likes   

Return to “2020”