ATL: NICOLE - Post-Tropical - Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

jlauderdal
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: RE: Re: ATL: INVEST 98L - Discussion

#101 Postby jlauderdal » Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:38 pm

galaxy401 wrote:We always hear about an October surprise for hurricane season, but it turns out it's actually the November surprise instead.
Late start to the season, oct becomes november
1 likes   

robbielyn
Category 5
Category 5

Re: ATL: INVEST 98L - Discussion

#102 Postby robbielyn » Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:38 pm

hipshot wrote:
Michele B wrote:
Coolcruiseman wrote:
Agreed that CFL mets do not seem to be downplaying this.

I went to his YT page and his video was very very comprehensive and thorough.

Can you supply a link to his channel, I went there but could find any data about this storm.

Thks

Mr. Weatherman — the . belongs there title is Major system could become a hurricane
0 likes   
Robbielyn McCrary
I know just about enough to sound like I know what I'm talking about sometimes. But for your safety please follow the nhc for truly professional forecasting. :D

jlauderdal
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: RE: Re: ATL: INVEST 98L - Discussion

#103 Postby jlauderdal » Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:45 pm

jlauderdal wrote:
cycloneye wrote:
AL, 98, 2022110612, , BEST, 0, 206N, 668W, 30, 1005, DB, 34, NEQ, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1011, 220, 100, 0, 0, L, 0, , 0, 0, INVEST, S, 0, , 0, 0, 0, 0, genesis-num, 039, SPAWNINVEST, al732022 to al982022

https://ftp.nhc.noaa.gov/atcf/btk/?C=M;O=D

https://ftp.nhc.noaa.gov/atcf/btk/bal982022.dat

Here comes the hwrf, that will get everyone excited.
Hwrf is delivering eye candy on the models thread, shocking.
0 likes   

robbielyn
Category 5
Category 5

#104 Postby robbielyn » Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:45 pm

psyclone wrote:A hurricane approaching FL from the east in the 2nd week of November... I gotta see it to believe it and as of now i just don't. I do believe a big storm with a large gale and storm force windfield is possible if not likely. I could see a massive beach erosion event from the mid atlantic southward at the very least. I do agree with the Tampa bay area mets tamping down the hype squad on this side of the state as of now..but a nice offshore breeze with some passing party squalls in November sounds amazing.

Remember Kate 1985. And 1935 storm. So it’s believable just not typical but it’s unusually warm feels like early october. They told us we could have a back ended season. Time will tell.
0 likes   
Robbielyn McCrary
I know just about enough to sound like I know what I'm talking about sometimes. But for your safety please follow the nhc for truly professional forecasting. :D

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#105 Postby cycloneye » Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:47 pm

1 PM TWO:

Southwestern Atlantic:
An area of low pressure located more than 200 miles north of Puerto
Rico is producing a large area of disorganized showers and
thunderstorms. This system is forecast to move northward and then
northwestward into the southwestern Atlantic where environmental
conditions appear conducive for additional development, and a
subtropical or tropical storm is likely to form in the next day or
so. The system is then forecast to turn westward or
west-southwestward over the southwestern Atlantic by the middle part
of this week where additional development is possible.

Regardless of development, there is an increasing risk of coastal
flooding, tropical-storm-force winds, heavy rainfall, rough surf,
and beach erosion along much of the southeastern United States
coast, the Florida east coast, and portions of the central and
northwestern Bahamas beginning in the early to middle part of this
week. Interests in those areas should continue to monitor the
progress of this system as tropical storm, hurricane, and storm
surge watches could be required for a portion of these areas by
early Monday. Additional information on this system, including gale
warnings, can be found in High Seas Forecasts issued by the National
Weather Service and in products from your local weather office.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...80 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

psyclone
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#106 Postby psyclone » Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:48 pm

robbielyn wrote:
MetroMike wrote:
fci wrote:
WPB Local Meg did a terrific Facebook Live explaining the situation,
He’s not downplaying the situation at all.

Here on the West coast Friday Denis Phillips on the Tampa ABC affiliate was saying he is not worried about this at all.
Not judging him but not too smart to go out on a limb and give a false sense of security to viewers even though thats what they really want to hear.

I know i saw that and turned off part way through. I liked him for Ian but didn’t like his dismissiveness of the GFS for 98L.

He's playing the odds and dumping needed water on the social media panic squad, there's plenty of time to change course if that's appropriate. Backdoor storms typically aren't a big deal here...they tend to lack precip and wind is of an offshore component. The threat is to the east coast. a substantial beach eater with nasty conditions over multiple high tide cycles could pose a real threat for those areas. Looks like good drinking conditions for west coasters at this point..
0 likes   

HurricaneBelle
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#107 Postby HurricaneBelle » Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:51 pm

psyclone wrote:
He's playing the odds and dumping needed water on the social media panic squad, there's plenty of time to change course if that's appropriate. Backdoor storms typically aren't a big deal here...they tend to lack precip and wind is of an offshore component. The threat is to the east coast. a substantial beach eater with nasty conditions over multiple high tide cycles could pose a real threat for those areas. Looks like good drinking conditions for west coasters at this point..

Unless of course it crosses the state at a lower latitude and then heads north and northeast in the Gulf as some models show.
0 likes   

LarryWx
Category 5
Category 5

#108 Postby LarryWx » Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:52 pm

cycloneye wrote:2 PM TWO:

Southwestern Atlantic:
An area of low pressure located more than 200 miles north of Puerto
Rico is producing a large area of disorganized showers and
thunderstorms. This system is forecast to move northward and then
northwestward into the southwestern Atlantic where environmental
conditions appear conducive for additional development, and a
subtropical or tropical storm is likely to form in the next day or
so. The system is then forecast to turn westward or
west-southwestward over the southwestern Atlantic by the middle part
of this week where additional development is possible.

Regardless of development, there is an increasing risk of coastal
flooding, tropical-storm-force winds, heavy rainfall, rough surf,
and beach erosion along much of the southeastern United States
coast, the Florida east coast, and portions of the central and
northwestern Bahamas beginning in the early to middle part of this
week. Interests in those areas should continue to monitor the
early Monday. Additional information on this system, including gale
warnings, can be found in High Seas Forecasts issued by the National
Weather Service and in products from your local weather office.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...80 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.

Note they say a "storm" instead of just a "depression" (as they said on the 8AM TWO) is likely to form. More aggressive wording for sure.
6 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

psyclone
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#109 Postby psyclone » Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:57 pm

HurricaneBelle wrote:
psyclone wrote:

Unless of course it crosses the state at a lower latitude and then heads north and northeast in the Gulf as some models show.

even then what's the most we could get over here? Probably not much. It should be interesting weather but i can't imagine it getting bad over this way for those of us on land. A gale over the marine environment with some passing squalls and showers. WPC qpf limits the good stuff to the east coast and that seems like a reasonable solution.
0 likes   

MetroMike
Category 3
Category 3

#110 Postby MetroMike » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:02 pm

psyclone wrote:
robbielyn wrote:
MetroMike wrote:
Here on the West coast Friday Denis Phillips on the Tampa ABC affiliate was saying he is not worried about this at all.
Not judging him but not too smart to go out on a limb and give a false sense of security to viewers even though thats what they really want to hear.

I know i saw that and turned off part way through. I liked him for Ian but didn’t like his dismissiveness of the GFS for 98L.

Yes about the avoiding all out panic on social media is one thing but totally dismissing a respecting model that showed a Florida hit a week ago Saturday and has been remarkably consistent is bordering on a disservice.
Hype is sometimes what people need for planning purposes.
Ok its November and nothing can happen in the tropics of note. In past years yes this has been largely true, but we have a very strange setup atmospherically and anything is on the table including a fast moving hurricane traversing the state.
1 likes   

ronjon
Category 5
Category 5

Re: ATL: INVEST 98L - Discussion: 2 PM TWO=80%/90%

#111 Postby ronjon » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:05 pm

Here's what I took away from 2 pm TWO. Seems PTC might go up tonight at some point.

Interests in those areas should continue to monitor the
early Monday.
3 likes   

SFLcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

ATL: INVEST 98L - Models

#112 Postby SFLcane » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:06 pm

Nhc two…

Interests in those areas should continue to monitor the
progress of this system as tropical storm, hurricane, and storm surge watches could be required for a portion of these areas by
early Monday.
4 likes   

ScottNAtlanta
Category 5
Category 5

#113 Postby ScottNAtlanta » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:13 pm

I've said it before, but always be wary of an Atlantic storm that is forced west. Nothing good comes of it.
3 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Michele B
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#114 Postby Michele B » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:23 pm

psyclone wrote:
HurricaneBelle wrote:
psyclone wrote:

even then what's the most we could get over here? Probably not much. It should be interesting weather but i can't imagine it getting bad over this way for those of us on land. A gale over the marine environment with some passing squalls and showers. WPC qpf limits the good stuff to the east coast and that seems like a reasonable solution.

By “over here” if you mean SW. FL coast, plenty of us still have tarps but no roofs. Doesn’t bode well for lots of rain. Lots of debris still stacked up around yards…doesn’t bode well for any significant wind…

And they’re saying it will be a large system so we could feel some of both of those effects.

If you are in the panhandle, that’s a different kettle of fish.
1 likes   
Cleo - 1964, Betsy - 1965, David - 1979, Andrew - 1992, Charlie (Francis, Ivan, Jeanne) - 2004, Irma - 2017, Ian - 2022

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#115 Postby wxman57 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:24 pm

This will almost certainly start out as a large subtropical storm rather than a TD/TS. As it nears Florida, the big question is whether it can start developing a core and transition to tropical. My forecast has it staying subtropical, with the area of max winds out to 170 miles NE of the center and a large are of sub-25 mph wind associated with the center at landfall. May not be much on the west coast of FL or across the Panhandle as it tracks north of Tampa on Thursday. By Friday, it's racing up the east coast at 40 mph while becoming fully ET. Models do not indicate a lot of rain along the coast, and any TS winds will likely be confined to coastal counties (as a subtropical storm). Back to my advisory. Started working on it at 6:30am CST.
4 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#116 Postby cycloneye » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:32 pm

Important key messages.

0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars

robbielyn
Category 5
Category 5

#117 Postby robbielyn » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:36 pm

psyclone wrote:
robbielyn wrote:
MetroMike wrote:

I know i saw that and turned off part way through. I liked listening to him during Ian but didn’t like his complete dismissiveness of the GFS for 98L.

Yeah but i felt he was being too too dogmatic about it. Present both sides even if u give 80/20% or something but he gave 100/0% I appreciate how Craig Setzer and Brian Shields present the data. Craig says slowly prepare, gas up just in case. He’s properly prepping people to think ok he doesn’t seem too concerned just yet but he’s saying just in case gfs is right slowly prepare. That is professionalism at its finest.
3 likes   
Robbielyn McCrary

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#118 Postby cycloneye » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:45 pm

1 likes   

SFLcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#119 Postby SFLcane » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:47 pm

0 likes   

tropicwatch
Category 5
Category 5

#120 Postby tropicwatch » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:49 pm

Looks like the Hurricane Hunters will take off around 2am central time 0800Z.
1 likes   
Tropicwatch

Agnes 72', Eloise 75, Elena 85', Kate 85', Charley 86', Florence 88', Beryl 94', Dean 95', Erin 95', Opal 95', Earl 98', Georges 98', Ivan 2004', Arlene 2005', Dennis 2005', Ida 2009' Debby 2012' Irma 2017' Michael 2018'

Return to “2022”