ATL: HARVEY - Post-Tropical - Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Blown Away
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: ATL: INVEST 91L - Discussion

#201 Postby Blown Away » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:35 am

TAFB keeping 92L as a low moving WNW through 72 hours...
0 likes   
Hurricane Eye Experience: David 79, Irene 99, Frances 04, Jeanne 04, Wilma 05... EYE COMING MY WAY IN 2024…
Hurricane Brush Experience: Andrew 92, Erin 95, Floyd 99, Matthew 16, Irma 17, Ian 22, Nicole 22…

abajan
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#202 Postby abajan » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:59 am

Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 AM EDT Wed Aug 16 2017 ...

A low pressure system located about 900 miles east of the Lesser Antilles continues to produce disorganized showers and a few thunderstorms. This system is moving westward at 15 to 20 mph, and it is expected to cross into the Caribbean Sea on Friday. Upper-level winds are forecast to become a little more conducive for development during the next several days, and interests in the Lesser Antilles should monitor the progress of this system.

* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent. ...

Forecaster Berg

0 likes   

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#203 Postby SoupBone » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:03 am

abajan wrote:Tropical Weather Outlook

A low pressure system located about 900 miles east of the Lesser Antilles continues to produce disorganized showers and a few thunderstorms. This system is moving westward at 15 to 20 mph, and it is expected to cross into the Caribbean Sea on Friday. Upper-level winds are forecast to become a little more conducive for development during the next several days, and interests in the Lesser Antilles should monitor the progress of this system.

Forecaster Berg

Anyone want to doubt we're entering peak season? :lol:
2 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Thetxhurricanemaster
Category 1
Category 1

#204 Postby Thetxhurricanemaster » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:11 am

SoupBone wrote:
abajan wrote:Tropical Weather Outlook

Forecaster Berg

http://i.imgur.com/EdC4c1a.png

Anyone want to doubt we're entering peak season? :lol:

NO I agree lol imagine what it will be like in September but 91L has better conditions after 72 hours hopefully it doesn't get too strong and head for the Gulf
1 likes   

tropicwatch
Category 5
Category 5

#205 Postby tropicwatch » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:06 am

Latest WindSat: Looks a little more organized than yesterdays.

1 likes   
Tropicwatch

Agnes 72', Eloise 75, Elena 85', Kate 85', Charley 86', Florence 88', Beryl 94', Dean 95', Erin 95', Opal 95', Earl 98', Georges 98', Ivan 2004', Arlene 2005', Dennis 2005', Ida 2009' Debby 2012' Irma 2017' Michael 2018'

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#206 Postby Aric Dunn » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:05 am

Slowly getting better organized. more convection needs to develop near the center which looks like it might be starting. has a better shot than what they are giving it.
1 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.
If there is nothing before... then just ask :)

Space & Atmospheric Physicist, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
I believe the sky is falling...

tropicwatch
Category 5
Category 5

#207 Postby tropicwatch » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:06 am

Some convection building with circulation east of the heaviest convection.

2 likes   
Tropicwatch

Agnes 72', Eloise 75, Elena 85', Kate 85', Charley 86', Florence 88', Beryl 94', Dean 95', Erin 95', Opal 95', Earl 98', Georges 98', Ivan 2004', Arlene 2005', Dennis 2005', Ida 2009' Debby 2012' Irma 2017' Michael 2018'

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#208 Postby Aric Dunn » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:18 am

Looking at everything. I would wager this more likely than not at becomig a TC before the islands as the shear is low for the next 36 hours. afterwards the shear increases to a point that would only allow the low level circ to struggle to hold together till the wester carrib where it would have another shot.
1 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.

tropicwatch
Category 5
Category 5

#209 Postby tropicwatch » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:27 am

Kind of looks like some banding features.
0 likes   
Tropicwatch

Gustywind
Category 5
Category 5

#210 Postby Gustywind » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:32 am

panamatropicwatch wrote:Kind of looks like some banding features.

You're right! Evidence of banding features are building in the northern circle and even a bit in the southern too.
System is becoming gradually more organized today and moving straight west towards the EC. Something to keep an eye for us who lived in the Leewards/ NE Leewards. But, as usual let's wait and see. Interresting days ahead.
1 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#211 Postby Aric Dunn » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:34 am

I bet chances go up at 2pm
1 likes   

Gustywind
Category 5
Category 5

#212 Postby Gustywind » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:42 am

Aric Dunn wrote:I bet chances go up at 2pm

Hi Aric :D
So, what are your best thoughts with 91L??? Do you think that us in the Leewards could deal with a TS or "just a strong twave" ? :roll: Could you give and provides us the most interresting informations on this feature? Looks like IMO that this thing may be close to the EC this weekend even Friday too?
Thanks!
We always appreciate your bright and pertinent anwers as Caribbean friends :)
0 likes   

Dougiefresh
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#213 Postby Dougiefresh » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:47 am

Gustywind wrote:

So, what are your best thoughts with 91L??? Do you think that us in the Leewards could deal with a TS or "just a strong twave" ? :roll: Could you give and provides us the most interresting informations on this feature? Looks like IMO that this thing may be close to the EC this weekend even Friday too?
Thanks!

I believe we will have to deal with at least a depression before it passes though our area, upper limit of intensity... I would say maybe a weak TS
2 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#214 Postby Aric Dunn » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:54 am

Dougiefresh wrote:
Gustywind wrote:

Thanks!

I believe we will have to deal with at least a depression before it passes though our area, upper limit of intensity... I would say maybe a weak TS

Well, it definitely has the potential to become a TS pretty quickly. last SCATT winds showed TS winds mostly due to its forward motion. The upper environment up to the eastern carrib is quite conducive. The only thing that is holding it back is the Sal but its forward speed and increasing convergence can overcome the Sal enough to become a TC. it's already pretty close just needs a little more convection near the center.

I will be back in the states next week. I have been in europe the last 2 weeks.
0 likes   

Thetxhurricanemaster
Category 1
Category 1

#215 Postby Thetxhurricanemaster » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:44 am

Aric Dunn wrote:
Dougiefresh wrote:
Gustywind wrote:Hi Aric :D
Thanks!

Well, it definitely has the potential to become a TS pretty quickly. last SCATT winds showed TS winds mostly due to its forward motion. The upper environment up to the eastern carrib is quite conducive. The only thing that is holding it back is the Sal but its forward speed and increasing convergence can overcome the Sal enough to become a TC. it's already pretty close just needs a little more convection near the center.

Give it 24 hours then conditions will be more favorable for developement
0 likes   

Gustywind
Category 5
Category 5

#216 Postby Gustywind » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:47 am

Aric Dunn wrote:
Dougiefresh wrote:
Gustywind wrote:Hi Aric :D
Thanks!

Thanks a lot Aric :) i appreciate sincerely this very nice answer! Excellent point of view. So let's see what pan's out from 91L during the next 48 - 72H. Looks like we have to keep our eyes open with this one as a TS should loom at the horizon. :oops: :( Anyway, i will keep your informed of anything happens.
Regards
Gustywind :D :wink:
1 likes   

Sanibel
Category 5
Category 5

#217 Postby Sanibel » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:58 am

Still has a good naked surface feature but looks like the kind of system that the east Caribbean shreds...
0 likes   

tailgater
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#218 Postby tailgater » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:09 pm

Seems most of these waves start gaining convection as they approach the Leeward and Windward isles, whether it's from increased shear or SST's or increased moisture are all of the above.
Could be enuf to get Classified.
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Alyono
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#219 Postby Alyono » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:47 pm

started to get a bit concerned about this in the NW Caribbean. Cannot rule out a potential hurricane there
1 likes   

stormreader
Category 5
Category 5

#220 Postby stormreader » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:49 pm

Dougiefresh wrote:
Gustywind wrote:

Thanks!

Instead of depression, Im guessing they will upgrade to potential tropical cyclone. Have done that with most systems.
0 likes   

Return to “2017”